Thursday, October 4, 2007

I lost my baby today!!! Oct 4th, 2007
Thank you Kryptonite Lock Company. As you can see from the photo, your high security flex cable was cut and I lost my baby. But more interestingly, it was cut and taken in broad daylight (middle of the day) on the busy sidewalks of Washington, DC. (Police report # 136-344)

AND

The $1.99 Made in China padlock was left untouched. That doesn't bode to well for the perceived quality of your high security flex cables, calling yourself ‘Industry leading provider of bicycle Locks.’

O’ and by the way, the bike was a 10+ year old beat up mountain bike. I guess the ease of cutting your cable attracted the thief.

It was a typical bicycle commuting day for me. The 30 mile round trip was almost the same route I used when I got hit by the car just a few weeks ago. I arrived at the DC Ballys gym around 10am. Locked the bike up and went in to shower and change for my customer meetings.

I returned to my gym at about 3:30pm, shocked to see the empty spot on the bike rack. The spot where a few hours earlier my bike was securely locked. Lying on the ground was the cut cable. It was a pitiful site and depressing moment for me.

My only hopes now are that the curse of that bike, due to my accident last week, will stay with the new owner and that I will never buy another Kryptonite Lock. And neither should anyone reading this who doesn’t want to return to a bike rack, to see it empty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they took your bike! What a bummer, I'm sorry to hear that Jordan. DC

Anonymous said...

Bike thieves suck!

Anonymous said...

WE ARE VERY SAD THAT YOU LOST YOUR BABY, ESPECIALLY AFTER ALL THE GOOD TIMES YOU HAVE HAD WITH THIS BIKE. ALSO, EVEN THE ONE BAD TIME (YOUR UNFORTUNATE ACCIDENT)MIGHT HAVE BEEN MUCH WORSE, IF YOUR BIKE HAD NOT BEEN SO ROBUST. WE LOVE YOU AS ONLY PARENTS CAN AND WILL DO OUR BEST TO MAKE YOU COMFORTABLE DURING YOUR POST-SURGERY RECOVERY NEXT WEEK AT OUR (AND YOUR ) HOUSE.

ALL OUR LOVE,

DAD AND MOM